If your house looks great and is lacking in one area, there are many options for a new driveway, which we outline in this short article.
- Asphalt – The best asphalt driveway in Brisbane is available from an established company and this is a cost-effective and elegant driveway covering that doesn’t require any maintenance. Start with a Google search to get a list of asphalt contractors and ask a few to quote for the project, then you can compare prices and designs.
- Block paving – If you want a durable driveway that will stand the test of time, look no further than block paving; using two colours, you can create a stunning pattern and with some edging, the driveway is complete. The secret to a professional installation is good ground preparation, with adequate drainage being paramount. Block paving can be installed on a bed of dry sand and cement, or they can be laid in wet cement.
- Natural stone – A bit on the expensive side, but if you have the budget, why not install a natural stone driveway? Easy to clean and maintenance free, natural stone will last a lifetime. If you have significant DIY skills, you could save a fortune on labour costs and there are YouTube ‘how to’ videos that take you through every stage of the installation.
- Man made pavers – Cheaper than natural stone pavers, they still last a long time and with a professional installation, a paved drive adds character to the property. Choose a contrasting colour to the front of the home, with coloured cement for the joins and boost the kerb appeal of your home.
- Concrete – You can choose your favourite colour and the supplier delivers the ready-mixed concrete, which is poured into the timber form. You might prefer a polished finish or perhaps textured; the contractor can show you some finish examples so you can make the right selection. Concrete used to come in one colour, dull grey, however that has all changed and the supplier can mix any shade you desire.
- Crazy paving – You could install a concrete base, then lay broken pavers in crazy paving style. Lots of different shapes, sizes and colours make for an interesting finish; a large area should have rebar in the concrete base for added tensile strength.
So, there you have it, there are numerous options for those who wish to build a new driveway and we hope that you make the right choice and are happy with your new driveway.
When embarking on a construction or renovation project, conducting a search for Concrete Contractors Near Me can lead you to local experts proficient in managing a variety of concrete tasks. This ensures that you receive top-notch workmanship and enduring results, whether you’re installing driveways, patios, or other structures.